What do these things have to do with each other? Nothing. Just some thoughts for today that I wanted to share/record.
Today, some girls at work threw me a baby shower and it was just wonderful. Of course, I didn't remember a camera. The food was great and all the gifts were incredibly thoughtful and so much appreciated. Most of us work from home, so we rarely see each other. It's nice to have an occasion to get together and it meant a lot to me that they all made such an effort.
John and I have been visiting churches sporadically (and I do mean sporadically, I'm afraid) for the past year or so. We wanted to have a church home to attend as a family and where Jake can be baptized, etc... We finally joined a church this week, Shandon Methodist. John was actually confirmed there as a child and we've visited several times since we started dating 5 years ago. We always walk away feeling good and the sermons are always touching. We are so excited about it and we hope to meet a lot of new friends. I'm so happy to belong to a church now. It really has been too long.
This afternoon, my back has all but given up on supporting Big Girl and Big Jake. I don't mean just a back ache or dull pain. This is sharp, sharp pain. I don't know if you know what I mean when I say it feels caught, but that's what it feels like. It dulls out a little when I sit or lay, but, as soon as I walk, it just catches and hurts like hell. I hope it will work itself out before this weekend, or, better yet, right now! (not posting this to gripe, but to have a record in case this is an early sign of labor. Probably not, but who knows)
Tata!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So happy for you that you have a church home! You will definitely meet a lot of great people and will make many wonderful friends!
We will have a comfortable chair for you on Sunday, girlfriend! I'm sorry about the "catch" in your back. I'm afraid only "birthing that baby boy" will take care of that!
Hang in there... it won't be long now!!!
Can't wait to hear all about today's shower! How thoughtful!!!
Post a Comment