8/2/11

Prenatal Visit - 35 Weeks

All the usuals looked great today.
  • urine clear of bacteria and protein
  • blood pressure 120/70 (a little high for me, but still normal)
  • Jake's heart rate - 145 bpm

 
It gets interesting beyond that...
  • I am 35 weeks and 4 days, but I measured at 40 weeks today.  She measured twice just to be sure.  This is huge.
  • I am not dilated at all, but I'm already 50% effaced
  • Based on the 40 week measurement today and Jake's big measurements at the ultrasound 2 weeks ago, Dr. Jones ordered another ultrasound for next Tuesday.  IF he is still measuring in the 85th or 90th percentile range, they will do an amniocentesis Wednesday to test his lung function.  If his lungs are mature, they will induce me on Thursday, August 11.
I have to say that I am soooooooo glad to be back with Dr. Jones.  I think she could tell I was a little bit concerned about why he is so big and, before I could even ask, she told me that, in my case, the baby is big because I have created a good home for him and that my placenta is very healthy and doing it's job just right.  This made me feel so good.

 
I knew I would get more information today and have a better idea about size, delivery, etc... but I was not expecting a possible induction next week!!! OH MY GOSH, I am beyond excited.  I am trying not to get too carried away though because there is a chance that this won't happen and that I'll continue on as normal.
Either way, we get to meet our baby soon, so that's what I'm trying to focus on.

 
But, just in case, we will be totally ready by next Thursday should this be the circumstance we face. (fingers crossed!)

 
HOLY ****!

3 comments:

Shelby said...

I am so dang excited!!! LY!!!

Tricia said...

It's almost "Show Time", girlfriend!
Can't wait to meet Little Mr.Jake!
Just try to wait till after the weekend, if possible!!! tee hee!
Seriously, we will have a "Sip and See" if he decides to make his debut before the showers!!!
ILY!!!

Rachael said...

That is so exciting!! I will keep yall in my prayers!!