8/10/11

The Official Countdown Has Begun!

I just heard from the doctor's office and we have a date!  I will check into Labor and Delivery at 5:30pm Monday, August 22.  At that time, they will administer cervidil which serves to prepare your cervix for labor and delivery.  The actual induction will begin Tuesday morning, August 23.  We will discuss the details of that during the next appointment Tuesday.  I'm sure pitocin will be administered, I'm just not sure what else and the timing, etc...

Dr Jones will not be on call on any of the days between the 38 and 38 1/2 week period.  She does not want me to go at all past this mark and asked her nurse to call and check with me to see what other doctor I would prefer.  Dr. Lambert is my next choice after Dr. Jones and will be delivering Jake.  She is great and I feel very good about her.

YAY for a set date and double YAY if he decides to come before then!!!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

Aug 23rd...ON MY CALENDAR!!! CANT WAIT!