Your baby has really plumped up. Average baby weighs about 6.8 pounds and iss over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). He has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold him hand for the first time! His organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If he's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If he's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time he's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after he's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)How far along? 38 weeks!
Total weight gain: 37 lbsSleep: so so
Symptoms: hip pain, back pain, pelvic pressure, pubic pain, nesting, swollen hands/feet/ankles
Favorite moment this week: hearing Jake's heart beat at the Dr's office and going to the spa
Movement: yes, but slowing down. He's running out of room. The movements are slow and sometimes hurt, but I don't mind at all. It's such an incredible feeling and I know I'm going to miss it so much.
Food cravings: nothing in particular
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor Signs: lots of braxton hicks, 1 cm dilated, 50% effaced, baby dropped way down
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: not being pregnant
What I am looking forward to: MEETING JAKE!!!!!!
Weekly Wisdom: be patient
Milestones: We will meet Jake no later than Tuesday!
This is the last weekly pregnancy update!
I hope Jake will, one day, enjoy reading about how his life began. I can't wait to blog about him as he grows on the "outside"!
I thank God for such a wonderful, healthy pregnancy. I know how lucky we are. Please pray with us that the end result is a happy, healthy baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment