8/12/11

Pregnancy - 37 Weeks

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

How far along? 37 weeks!
Total weight gain: 37 lbs
Sleep: not great, but not as bad as last week
Symptoms: hip pain, back pain, pelvic pressure, pubic pain, braxton hicks contractions, swollen hands, EXTREMELY swollen feet, nesting
Favorite moment this week: showers over the weekend, seeing Jake on the ultrasound, and learning the induction date! 
Movement: he is head down and ready to go (please don't flip, Jake).  The movements I feel are him shifting his weight from one side to the other.  Looks like an alien has taken over my belly when he does it.  I love it.
Food cravings: sweets
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor Signs: braxton hicks contractions are a little more intense now.  As of tuesday, I'm still not dilated and I'm still 50% effaced.  This could change at any moment or not at all before the induction.  We'll see!
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: my normal feet. 
What I am looking forward to: MEETING JAKE!!!!!!
Weekly Wisdom: don't mistake hopes for intuition
Milestones: The 37 week mark is a HUGE milestone.  FULL TERM!! What What!!!

We're all done with our prep classes.  We had Caring for You and Your Baby Tuesday night and I had the breastfeeding class last night.
The bags are packed.
The nursery is completely finished.  I have been one nesting mama in there getting everything just right.  I must spend hours in there every day just arranging and rearranging, folding and refolding. 

Now that we're 37 weeks along, this really could happen at any moment.  Such a crazy, wonderful feeling.  And if he doesn't come on his on, we're a go for the 23rd! 

No comments: