8/5/11
Pregnancy - 36 Weeks
Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of his first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.)
I think it's safe to go ahead and disregard the fruit/veggie comparisons (and has been for a while), but I started it so I might as well keep it going. ;) We'll see just how big he is Tuesday.
How far along? 36 weeks
Total weight gain: 36 lbs
Sleep: very poor
Symptoms: hip pain, poor sleep, pubic pain, pelvic pressure, fatigue, nesting, back pain
Favorite moment this week: Dr. appointment and work shower wednesday.
Movement: slower movements now, but still a lot. most movements are just Jake rotating his bottom from left to right. It's so funny to watch and he does it several times a day. Not much room in there to do much else, I guess. And I'm pretty sure he dropped yesterday.
Food cravings: milkshakes and ice cream
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!
Labor Signs: lots of braxton hicks contractions and 50% effaced as of Tuesday
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: comfort
What I am looking forward to: baby showers Saturday and Sunday and ultrasound/dr appt. tuesday
Weekly Wisdom: trust your instincts and your body
Milestones: this might be the last pregnant picture! fingers crossed!
Prayers for guidance for the doctor and for a healthy baby whenever he may come.
Labels:
Pregnancy,
weekly pregnancy updates
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
You look so cute:)
Post a Comment