I am going into labor and delivery with a completely open mind. It may be foolish, but I am not nervous about it at all. I know it's called labor for a reason; it won't be fun, it will hurt like nothing I've ever known, and it will be very hard work. I know that, on this side of it, I have no idea what I am in for, but I have faith in my body, the doctor/nurses, and in God. Labor and Delivery are things I can't control, so I'm not going in with a plan other than to do whatever it takes to get Jake here safely.
Pain: I have been in pain (several kidney stones and appendicitis and complications with both), but I realize those pains don't hold a candle to labor pain. I also know, though, that labor pain is pain with a purpose. Plus, if it gets to be too much, there's always the mighty epidural!
Delivery method: The hope is to have a vaginal delivery, obviously, but if my body fails to progress or if Jake doesn't tolerate labor well, I'll have a cesarean if that's what the doctor recommends. No questions asked.
The one and only thing that makes me nervous (make that terrifies me) is that something will go wrong with Jake. It's not healthy or productive to be thinking about that, but I can't help but worry.
Please pray that, no matter how this all goes down, we come home with a happy healthy baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment