8/16/11

Prenatal Visit - 37 Weeks

Today was my last prenatal visit. (37 weeks 4 days)  It was short and sweet and went very well.  I am 1 cm dilated and still 50% effaced, so not much progress, but it's okay because the induction will take care of that!

His heart rate was 145bpm and he is doing great.  My blood pressure is still really good, too.

We check in Monday at 5:30pm.  They'll administer the cervidil about an hour later.  This will stay in over night.  At about 5:30am, they will start the first round of IV antibiotics since I am group B strep positive.  At about 7:30am or so, they will start the pitocin and possibly break my water.

There is no way to know how long this whole process will take.  Some women deliver in an hour and some deliver in 24.  We'll just have to wait and see!  Either way, this time next week, I will be in labor!!! (unless, by some miracle of God, he comes before then) CRAZY!!!

2 comments:

Cameron said...

CAN'T WAIT!!!
Love you!

Rachael said...

That is so exciting Hanna!!!