John came home yesterday afternoon from work doubled over in pain. We assumed it was "digestion" related, but, 6 hours later, the pain was worse, so we went to the ER. We went in at 11pm and found out at 5am that he has appendicitis and has to have surgery today.
We're glad they were able to find out what is wrong and that they'll be able to take care of it, but.........
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???!!!
I came home once we got the diagnosis to get some sleep, but ummmm.....yeah right! My mind is going 900,000 miles a minute over all the reasons why this is the shittiest time ever for this to happen.
I feel awful for John and how helpless he must feel. They have his pain under control and I know he'll feel much better once the surgery is done. I have had appendicitis so I know what he's feeling and what the surgery/recovery are like. It's pretty routine, but not something you wish for, obviously.
Please pray for John and a successful, uncomplicated surgery. Please pray that this baby does not decide to come before we're scheduled to go in in 4 days (good thing all my tricks haven't worked). And please pray for my sanity, as I am feeling really overwhelmed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Hannah, God has a sense of humor all His own huh? So sorry, praying for you both and Jake to stay put !!
Post a Comment