11/25/11

Thanksgiving

We had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Wednesday morning, we loaded the car and headed to Greenville.  (we were only gone for one night, but, by the looks of our trunk, one would have assumed we were moving there)
My dad had ribs on the grill and a boston butt on the Green Egg when we got there and we had the best BBQ and ribs that night!!!  There are a few things that I'll only eat if he makes them and ribs is one of them.  SO good.
Our WHOLE family was there Wednesday, and it was so much fun getting to be with everyone.  It is very rare for all of us to be in one place at the same time.  The "big" boys (they're 3 and 4) were in their spider man and batman costumes the whole day and it was absolutely the cutest thing I've ever seen.   I know we all felt very safe with them keeping watch over us and protecting us from the "bad guys". 
Jake was a little (a lot) overstimluated the first day and was pretty fussy.  He did take a good nap, though, AND he slept through the night!!!!!  Thankgiving day was better for him.  He was happy and allowed others to hold him, which was nice for me!  He also took a nap at the perfect time - LUNCH!  John and I got to enjoy (stuff our faces like we've never eaten before) lunch and had the best time. We had a crowd of 17, including the kids, and everyone brought something to contribute to the HUGE meal.  It was INCREDIBLE!  I would be fat and happy if I could eat food like that all the time!
I am ashamed to say I didn't get any pictures of Thanksgiving Day, but here is one I got on Wednesday!

Superheroes Henry, Conner, and Bradley taking a break
from keeping watch.  Superheroes need juice, you know!
What a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving.  Jake has made our lives so whole and has given a whole new meaning to such a wonderful holiday.  He has so much to look forward to in the coming years with all of his cousins.  He'll be joining the super hero ranks before we know it!

No comments: