11/27/11

My Little Trooper

Whew!!!  What a weekend!!!  Started out Wednesday morning leaving for Greenville and we haven't stopped since.  We had a great couple of days there and then we came back to Columbia Thursday afternoon.  John worked Friday and Jake and I headed to Lexington to spend time with more family.  Friday night, we all 3 went to an oyster roast.  We didn't stay long, though (see earlier post).  Saturday, Jake and I headed back to Lexington for more family fun and football watching.  Let me tell you, it is a little tough being away so much with a small baby.  A lot of "equipment" is needed for even a small amount of time away.  I'm sure as he gets older it will still be a challenge (or even more so), but for different reasons.  I thrive on routine and I believe Jake does, too, but he did GREAT.  He napped great everywhere we went, and, even though he didn't sleep all the way through the night over the weekend, he came close.  I am so proud of how well he handled all the noise and people and being away from home.  He did get overstimulated a few times, but settled quickly and adapted well.
Such a great Thanksgiving weekend and so much fun spending time with family.

No comments: