Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine, and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys, and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over her body for warmth.
Today is the official first day of the second trimester! YAY!!! So far, so good! The nausea is gone and my mood has stabilized, at least for now (John would probably beg to differ). For the most part, I am getting my energy back, but I still have days when I feel just tired and blah. I have noticed, also, that I am getting more headaches. I get headaches pretty often anyway and I read that it's normal for them to become more frequent during pregnancy. I'm still feeling the growing aches in my abdomen and hips. Not very painful, just a neat reminder that my body is stretching to accomodate and grow a HUMAN from scratch! I'm a human crock pot!
Sometimes, I still can't even believe I'm pregnant. Even though I think about it all the time, it just doesn't seem real, somehow. I'm sure that'll change the more I start to show and especially when I begin to feel the baby move. I can't wait to feel that and I can't wait for John to be able to feel it, too.
Over the past week, I have started to have a little bit of anxiety about everything we need to do in the house before the baby gets here. I know we have a long while, but it's keeping me up at night thinking about it all. We'll get it done, and in plent of time, I'm sure. I just don't want to leave it all for crunch time.
I have had a lot of fun looking at crib bedding and CAN'T WAIT to learn the sex of the baby so we can get moving on that. The walls in the baby's room are currently chocolate brown. I decided to keep them this color and get a white crib to contrast the brown and match the white moulding and trim. So far I like:
BOY:
This bedding from Pottery Barn.
I also like this owl fabric for a bumper and then get maybe a light blue crib skirt.
GIRL:
This is by Rikshaw designs and is really expensive, so, if it's a girl, I may use this as inspiration; find similar fabrics and have someone make it.
Or the two fabrics below. Use the pink scroll as the bumper and the green as the crib skirt.

Does anybody know of anyone who can make crib bedding (at a reasonable price)?





3 comments:
LOVE the choices!
LOVE the pink and orange combo!
maybe you could post on FB if anyone sews crib bedding? who knows?
good idear, Court!
Post a Comment