Baby's now the size of an avocado!
Watch what you say...tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean she can now pick up your voice. A few more minuscule changes: Eyebrows, lashes, and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming.
How far along? 16 weeks
Total weight gain: 1.6 lbs
Sleep: I fall asleep very easily because I'm so tired by bed time, but, if I wake up for any reason, it's almost impossible to get back to sleep.
Best moment this week: Buying the first item of clothing and also watching In the Womb with John. It's a National Geographic special that was on a few years ago. We ordered it last week and it came in yesterday. We had so much fun watching what's going on in my body together and looking at what we created.
Movement: none yet
Symptoms: tension headaches (hormones), crampy/achy lower abdomen, back aches
Symptoms I DON'T have: nausea
Food cravings: pop tarts and pickles (I ate 5 pickles in a row Tuesday night!) Wednesday, I was driving home from the grocery store around lunch time and saw Za's Pizza. As soon as I saw it I HAD TO HAVE IT, so I went in and ordered a personal white pizza with blackened shrimp, artichokes, and feta cheese. It was divine. Food is so good right now!!
Food aversions: none
Gender: don't know yet (don't forget to cast your vote in the poll under the ultrasound pic to the right)
Labor Signs: too early
Belly Button in or out? in
What I miss: having a cold beer on a beautiful day.
What I am looking forward to: my 16 week check up Monday.
Weekly Wisdom: cramps are normal (I can't count this as my wisdom, as I question it every day, but this is what everyone says so I'm going with it.
Milestones: 16 weeks pregnant now and bump is REALLY growing. (see below)
I am so ready to go to the doctor Monday. I don't like waiting for a month in between visits. I know aches and pains are normal to have in my belly since there is so much growing and rearranging going on, but this week I was especially crampy and it has had me a little anxious. I'm sure it's fine and everyone says it's normal, but I'll feel better when I hear that sweet heartbeat and know that all is well.
Now that the baby can hear, I have begun singing lullabies. My faves right now are Danny Boy, which my Dad used to sing to me, and Stay Awake from Mary Poppins. My books say that research has shown that if you sing to the baby in utero, he/she may recognize and be soothed by the same songs once born. At least there will be one person on earth who is soothed by my voice! :)
3/18/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
You and your sweet baby bump look beautiful!! I sang to Bryce a lot and then sang those same songs as he was in NICU. I think it helped us both get threw those tough days!
Love the bump and love that top!
CUTE pic and cutest bump i've ever seen! we need to do lunch soon!
love you!
I love the picture!! Cant wait for Monday's appointment!
Hanna such a cute picture and what a cozy little home sweet pea is living in. Hooray for week 16.
Love you,
Nana
What a cute baby bump!!! Just wait- everyone will walk up to you and start giving you a belly rub! You look amazing!
You look so good!! Keep up the posts, I look forward to them!
Post a Comment