It started yesterday when Henry blew out the candles of his 4th birthday cake and hasn't stopped! I can't control myself! Today, I decided to add songs about having a baby to my blog and when I came to "Things We've Handed Down" (see side panel for songs), I started bawling and I can't get it together! Gotta love these hormones!!!
Ever since I was a little girl, the only sure dream I've had is that I wanted to marry a wonderful man and become a mother. Sure I would have my days of wanting to be a teacher or a marine biologist or whatever else, but the one thing that stuck was this. And now it's happening. It's actually happening.
I've been thinking a lot today about my Mama. She's been gone now for over 17 years. Of course I miss her all the time, but there are times in life when it hits me like a ton of bricks. Today is one of those days. The older I get, the more I see not only what Shelby and I have missed by not having her here, but what she has missed and will miss. I wish more than anything that I could have had the chance to know her as an adult, because there's just so much an 11 year old girl can't see about her mother. I would give the world for her to be here during this special time in my life.
But life goes on and I'll just continue to pray that I can be even half the mother she was. I know she's looking down on me now and is so happy. She's probably spreading the news to our family and her friends in heaven. I can hear her laughing now.
The majority of my tears have been happy tears just experiencing what it feels like to have dreams come true. I pray that things will continue to go well with this pregnancy and that our baby is healthy and strong.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
oh hanna! i got your text and immediately listened to this and cried, happy tears. what a great song.
yes, there are so many things that i want to talk to her about and this time in your life makes you miss her so much more. but, i understand and will be here every second to hold your hand through the happy tears and the sad ones too.
I LOVE YOU!!!
Hanna, I can certainly understand your feelings of longing for your sweet mama. I, too, miss her so, and I'd give anything to have her here to see our precious babies and to enjoy what I've dreamed of myself: life as a grandmother.
I do believe that God allows her a glimpse of what's happening here on earth. I have no doubt that she's smiling now as she watches Henry and Manning grow and as she sees you getting ready for motherhood yourself. She has to be so proud of both you and Shelby.
The best is yet to be, Hanna, and I can hardly wait to see what God has in store for you and John!
I LOVE YOU SO!!!
Post a Comment