3/20/11

Dreams You Can't Shake

Ever had a dream so real you can't shake it?  Last night, I had one. 

I went to the doctor for a check up late in my pregnancy.  It was supposed to be a routine check up, but an unfamiliar doctor came in, checked me out, and said, "Okay, Hanna, we are going to need to take this baby right now.  It's ready and we can't wait."  I panicked because John was at work and I was worried I wouldn't be able to get in touch with him.  I insisted that I would not go forward without him there, so the doctor called him and filled him in.  Turned out they were doing a C-section, and John walked in right when they made the incision.  I looked down and from my body came the most beautiful baby BOY I'd ever seen.  I begged them not to take him to clean him or examine him yet and to let me hold my baby.  I put him on my chest, skin to skin and just cried and cried.  I rubbed his little back and kissed him and kissed him.  Then I held him up to get a good look at him.  He was gorgeous.  Bald with a tiny little bit of blond peach fuzz and his face was just like John's.  We locked eyes and I just sobbed and sobbed some more.  I have never felt so happy.

I woke up and have had a happy cry lump in my throat ever since.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Now Im thinking of changing my vote to Boy!

Unknown said...

that was me...Jean (not ernie)Somehow signed in on his account.

Shelby said...

awww, but still think girl!

Jill said...

yay!! i voted boy!! but, mary and i both dreamed B was a girl so . . . we will just have to wait and see! I can't wait!

Courtney said...

sweet dream! i'm sure there are more dreams to come!
i remember dreaming we had a boy AFTER we found out D was a girl. that'll make ya nervous, ha ha!