Baby's now the size of a naval orange!
Continuing the march toward normal proportions, baby's legs now out-measure his arms. And, finally, all four limbs have functional joints. Your fetus is squirming and wiggling like crazy down in the womb, though you probably can't feel the movements just yet.
I found this little questionnaire which I think I'll make part of my weekly blog:
How far along? 15 weeks
Total weight gain: 1 pound (let's face it...I started out a little ahead of the game, so this is not a bad thing. At my last visit at 12 weeks, I had actually lost a pound. My doctor is not concerned about how little I gained in the first trimester. She did say, though, that she wants to see steady gain going forward.
Sleep: overall, sleeping pretty well. I am starting to have very vivid dreams and the other night I had one that the baby is a girl. We'll seeeee!
Best moment this week: cooking dinner for John. Until now, I haven't felt like cooking, so this made me feel human again.
Movement: none yet
Symptoms: increased energy levels, weapy, achy, increased appetite
Symptoms I DON'T have: Glowing skin
Food cravings: No consistent cravings, but if I am craving something, I want it NOW. Tuesday, I wanted a big, fat, juicy cheeseburger. I don't love cheeseburgers, but I wanted one very badly, so I trucked it on down to the Rosewood Dairy Bar. It was wonderful.
Food aversions: not so much anymore
Gender: don't know yet (don't forget to cast your vote in the poll under the ultrasound pic to the right)
Labor Signs: too early
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: caffeine (I did indulge in a good ol' fountain coke one day last week and it was the best coke I've ever had. This will be a once in a blue moon thing)
What I am looking forward to: feeling movement
Weekly Wisdom: laugh at yourself
Milestones: permanent bump (doesn't come and go like it was doing) I bought a few maternity clothes last weekend which I can wear now and which will stretch along with me. Sometime soon, I'll start taking weekly pictures of the bump and posting them with the weekly blog.
I am really loving this increase in energy, and my appetite is increasing, too. I've been a little more sentimental lately and will cry at the drop of a hat. If you know me, you know that there wasn't exactly a shortage of sentiment before, so it's just down right funny at this point.
And I don't know when the whole "glowing skin" phenomenon is supposed to take place, but my skin has taken a U-Turn and landed itself right back in the year 1994 (when I was about 13). Gross! As always, thank you, hormones. Fingers crossed that this is just a short phase and that clear, glowing skin is right around the corner!
If not, who cares!? There is a miracle growing inside me! I'll take the good, the bad, and the ugly face!
3/11/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
love the questionnaire idea and love your new blog heading!
You are a natural blogger, Hanna! What an awesome writer you are!
I'm so happy you are feeling much better now!
We're past due a lunch date- how about next week, say Wednesday or Thursday???
I LOVE YOU!!!
Post a Comment