3/15/11

Bedding Obsession

So I am officially obsessed with crib bedding.  I have moments of clarity during which I tell myself that, 1. This is not a decision which must be made RIGHT THIS MINUTE and 2. The baby isn't going to care one single bit what kind of bedding he or she has.  But most of the time, my crazed pregnancy brain overrules with, 1. Yes it DOES have to be decided right now! and 2. I CARE! 

Sue me!  I care... a lot!  Maybe a little too much!  I don't have a lot of control over much right now when it comes to this baby.  I take the best possible care of myself and hope and pray for the best.  But I do have control over the crib bedding and that's what I had floating around my head at 4am, yes 4am.  Sane self kept repeating mantras 1 and 2 listed above, but crazed self was hearing none of it.  So what else could I do but oblige Mrs. McLoonyton and get on the computer and obsess away?

I have decided that for a boy, I will go with:
Owls for Bumper
And blue zig zags for the crib skirt

The girl bedding is where I get really tied up.  Most of my initial "loves" were pink, but I have realized that I really don't want pink and brown (walls are brown).  I wanted something a litte more "me", and here's what I found.
girl bumper
I ordered a sample so if I like the texture, this will be it for the girl bumper.  Then I'll just go around with the swatch and find a suitable fabric for the skirt.  (maybe yellow polka dots like the dots in the owl pattern or a solid fabric of one of the many colors in the pattern...we'll see!)

And, in case you're wondering, I do not have a thing for owls.  It's just that there are some cute fabrics out there right now featuring owls and it's coincidence that both of these are owl patterns. :)

According to you readers, I better be thinking the latter since 13 out of 15 votes in the gender poll have been for a girl!  If you haven't voted yet, get to it!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

I love what you have picked out for a boy- I wanted my sister to do that one. Both are very cute!!

Courtney said...

i think owls are so stinkin cute! love your choices!

Jean said...

I love them both!! They will both be adorable for bedding. It is all so exciting!! Love you and sweat pea!

Shelby said...

Love love love both! Now stop obsessing;)