Our friend, Ryan, got married in Charleston this weekend, and it was so nice to get away. We stayed downtown and our hotel was within walking distance of the wedding which was wonderful. Ryan looked gorgeous and everything was just beautiful. My favorite part was that the recessional (when the wedding party and couple are walking back down the aisle after the ceremony) was Ray Charles' "You Are My Sunshine". (click title to listen) It's such a happy, fun version of that song and it was so cute!! I do love a wedding!
I am the same way with pregnant women, so I get it. It must be an innate human survival trait or something. Protect the young by protecting their mothers. Interesting to think about. Anyway, it's kinda nice to be pampered and I'm sure it'll grow as my belly grows.
I also learned that drunk people are not nearly as funny and witty as they surely think they are. (I include my pre-pregnant self in this, I just didn't know it all that time). Several well meaning drunk folks even came my way just to say "I bet all these drunk people are driving you crazy since you're sober and all." I would just grin and say, "Oh no, no. Not at all." (Note to post-pregnancy self: Don't talk at all when you've been drinking. Just don't say a word.)
Bottom line is that being "in the family way" brings out a lot of goodness in people and it's great to see.
2 comments:
So funny, Hanna! It is so true that pregnancy brings out the caring side of most people, even when they're drunk!
Glad you and John had a fun weekend away!
I LOVE YOU!!!
Love your writing!!!
Post a Comment