2/25/11

Pregnancy - 13 Weeks

Baby's now the size of a peach!
Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords...savor this, their nonfunctional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with his head now only one third the size of his body. And intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy -- much more convenient.

(Another interesting fact I just learned:  At 13 weeks, our baby now has it's own unique set of finger prints!!  WOW!)

It's taken me the better part of this week to recover from that dern bug, but I'm feeling better and I'm so happy to have another week of pregnancy behind me!  I'm not wishing away this wonderful time, I'm just ready to get into the 2nd trimester. 

I can't believe how fast the baby is growing!  A peach!? Already?!  I can tell my body is making some adjustments for my growing uterus.  I am feeling a lot of aches in my lower abdomen and am having some low back and hip pain.  S T R E T C H!!  This is all normal and I love that my body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do. As for the bump, it's a total phantom.  It's here one day and gone the next. Some days my clothes fit just fine and other days I can't button my pants. It'll be here to stay before too long and I'm so excited!  I can't wait to feel little kicks and to be able to call the baby he or she or, even better, BY NAME! YAY! Not long now. Plus I'm ready to start looking at/buying baby stuff!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Are you going to reveal the "NAME" to the public soon or wait till we know what he/she is?

hanna said...

Waiting until we know the sex.