2/18/11

Pregnancy - 12 Weeks

Baby's now the size of a plum!
As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of her systems are fully formed.
 
I'm so glad to be at 12 weeks now.  I was a little disappointed yesterday to read that the 1st trimester is not technically over until the end of the 13th week, which would be March 3.  I knew pregnancy is 40 weeks, but didn't realize that does not break evenly into 12 weeks per trimester.  Whatever.  I am still thrilled to be at this stage.
My doctor's visit and ultrasound are Monday, so, if all still looks good, I will be telling anyone who will listen about this baby.  Just a few more days!
 
I am still feeling much, much better with a few exceptions here and there... I was very nauseated for several weeks which has almost completely disappeared.  In fact, I was only nauseated over that time and never actually got sick...until yesterday!  Go figure I'd get sick for the FIRST time the day before the 12 week milestone!  But I felt better the rest of the day and feel great today, so I don't think it was the late start of anything; just a one-off, hopefully.  My energy is returning as is my appetite!  Some things still make me queasy to think about, but it's much better than it was.  Mentally and emotionally, I am in much better sorts, too.  I am feeling more and more myself which feels nice.  This beautiful weather is helping, too!
As for the bump, it is really growing.  I feel like it's mostly bloat, but it's definitlely there and people are noticing. 

My mind is clear, I feel great, and I am in awe of this miracle.  A woman's body is amazing!
 
LOTS OF PRAYERS for a good report Monday, please!

2 comments:

Shelby said...

Can't wait for Monday's report! Love you!

Cameron said...

praying for today's appointment!
love you and can't wait to hear all about it!