Well, it looks like my days working from home may be coming to an end. My last day of maternity leave is next Tuesday and I've just learned there have been some changes implemented at work and one of them is the possibility of sending the work-at-homes in my department back into the office. We have not been made aware of when/if this change will take place.
I've been at home working for almost 3 years now and it has been wonderful, but, if we didn't have Jake, I wouldn't mind so much going back into the office. He was going to day care either way, but my hours from home are a little more flexible and the lady's house where he'll be is VERY close to ours.
Going into the office means set hours from 8:30 to 5:30 which means that I wouldn't be able to get him until 6. He goes to bed at 7:30 or 8:00, so this leaves me very little time with him. I know millions of moms do this, but I don't care if I sound like a spoiled brat when I say that I AM NOT OKAY WITH THIS.
I will not have a bad attitude at work and this change will not affect how I do my job, but, I may start looking for a new job if this happens. Aetna is a great company and I've enjoyed my almost 6 years there, but my son and I need to spend more than two hours a day together.
I know the job market is terrible right now and it may be a while before I find something with comparable pay, etc... but I've got to look. I've applied for a couple of positions within Aetna that would possibly allow me to stay at home, but I'm not sure I'm qualified for them...we'll see.
It has been a difficult few days for me in anticipation of returning to work and taking Jake to day care. Please pray for us as we make this transition and for me to find a job more suited to our family's needs.
10/16/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment