10/26/11

Separation Anxiety

Today is my first day back working and Jake's first day at Ms. Bea's.  (I'm downloading some new software on my work computer, so I have a sec to reflect on this morning)  I am so glad he isn't old enough to have separation anxiety because I don't think I could handle that on top of my own.  She reassured me several times that he is in good hands.  I know he is and I was comforted to see how content the other children there were, but it was still very hard to get in the car and drive away. 
That someone else will be spending more hours of the day with my baby than I am is heartbreaking.  I want to be the one with him every day and the one who see's all of his firsts.  I'm sad and I'm jealous that this might not always be the case.  I know he's in good hands and I know the important thing is that Jake is well taken care of and happy.  I also know that it's the quality of the time we're together, not the quanitity. blah blah blah.  I do believe that it's good for him to be away and around others, I just wish it wasn't a full time thing.  But it is, so I have to deal.
I miss Jake like crazy. 

2 comments:

Shelby said...

I know it was hard today, but it will get easier and it is good for him:) Love you!!!

Tricia said...

Oh Hanna! My heart has ached for you today. I have been in your shoes. However, Jake WILL be ok, and he will learn so many social skills from watching the other little ones!
Hang in there. It WILL get easier!!!
I LOVE YOU!