10/18/11

Jake - 8 Weeks

Jake is 8 weeks old today! 






  • He takes 5oz every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day and between 3 and 5 hours during the night.  A couple of nights this week, he even gave us 6 and 7 hour stretch from around 7:30pm until 2:30am.  Very nice, but it hasn't happened since. :)
  • He's now in size 2 diapers.
  • He has taken great naps this week.
  • We think he may have reflux because he's been spitting up a lot more recently and he arches his back in pain a lot after he eats.  The nurse at the doctor's office said to burp him every 1/2 ounce and to hold him upright for 1 hour after every feeding.  I feel this is unrealistic, but we'll do our best.
  • I saved the best for last: Jake gave his first real "social" smiles this week.  John got the first one Thursday and it brought tears to my eyes.  The next day, he gave me a big ol' grin and I just died.  Of course he's been smiling for a while, but they were sparse and random and not while he was looking at anyone.  This is such a huge milestone. 
We go for his 2 month check up and immunizations next Monday.  I am looking forward to learning how much he's grown, but I'm dreading the shots.  I know it will be difficult to see him in pain.  At least he won't remember it!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hanna, He is ADORABLE, I think he looks like you.

Shelby said...

LOVE his smile:)

Cameron said...

TOO CUTE!!!! Love that gorgeous smile!