10/24/11

Jake - 2 Month Check Up

Jake's two month check up this morning went VERY well!  Dr. Bagley is most pleased with his growth and development.
  • She confirmed our suspicion of reflux after I told her his symptoms and prescribed Zantac, which I think will help. 
  • At birth, she noticed that his feet turn in, the right one especially.  It hasn't gotten much better on it's own, despite my exercising it, so she referred us to a pediatric orthopedist so we can see what, if anything, needs to be done, at this point, to correct it.
  • He had a big round of vaccinations today and took it like a CHAMP!  At Shelby's priceless advice, I took a bottle to give to him right after the shots which calmed him down immediately.  I will recommend this to any mother going in for their baby's shots!  Thanks, Shelby!
  • Jake is 15 pounds and 25 1/2 inches long!  97th percentile for both!!!!  She is pleased that he's even for both (he's not short and fat or tall and skinny).  Just a big ol' boy!
I am SO proud of Jake and am so thrilled to have had such a great check up.  Very thankful for such a healthy baby.

No comments: