10/23/11

Jake - 2 Months

  • He is growing so, so fast.  I can't WAIT to get his stats tomorrow at Dr. Bagley's.
  • He's out of newborn clothes completely now and is in 3-6 months.
  • He gets 5 oz every 3 hrs during the day and 3 to 5 hrs at night.  I'm still pumping and he's getting all breast milk except for 1 or 2 night feedings of formula.  I'm not producing enough milk to store way ahead but I do stay a good day or 2 ahead, which is fine.
  • bed time is between 7 and 8pm.  He goes down in his crib for naps and bed time and is swaddled for both.  He usually naps from 45 minutes to 2 hours (sometimes more) and they're still between each feeding.  Even though he's still getting up in the night, it helps that he goes down easily and back down after feedings without incident (usually...hope I'm not jinxing it.).  I really think this is because we've had him in his crib from the very beginning, but who knows.  Soon, we'll work on dropping the middle of the night feeding.
  • He's not terribly fussy, but he knows what he wants when he wants it and his cries are becoming more distinguishable. 
  • He gets a bath almost every night.  No need to bathe babies this often, but I'm doing it for the benefit of establishing a bed time routine (plus songs in the glider).  A few different books suggested this and I think Jake likes it.  He even almost fell asleep the other night in his tub because he was so relaxed.  A far cry (pun intended) from those baths in the first weeks.
  • size 2 diapers
  • Now he tolerates (and sometimes likes) being on the changing table except when he's hungry.
  • His happiest time is in the mornings.
  • He enjoys going on walks.  We go at least once a day, sometimes two.  This is also a go-to if he's fussy.  Almost always calms him down.
  • He also likes his play mat, bumbo seat, and swing.  He LOVES the birds hanging from the mobile on his swing.  He "talks" to them every morning while I'm having my coffee (thank you, birdies!)
  • Out of all the do-dads and baby contraptions we have for him, wouldn't you know that his favorite thing to do is stare out of the big window above the couch. He could seriously stare at it all day. It's adorable.

1 comment:

Shelby said...

Love his CHUNKY little legs:)