10/4/11

Jake - 6 Weeks

Jake is 6 weeks old today! WHOA!!



I am very important and I am thinking about important things in my chair.

 
Mommy, you are so weird.



  • He is eating 4 oz every 2 1/2 to 3 hours.  The span does not lengthen during the night yet, I'm afraid.
  • We are on a good pattern of eat, wake, sleep during the day and eat, sleep at night.  "Enforcing" the wake time after eating during the day has really helped me feel like I have some kind of routine.  It may not be the same exact time or precicely spaced apart, but I'm a planner by nature, so it's great to be able to know what's next. 
  • Jake is really starting to enjoy play time.  This can range from tummy time or back time by himself to sitting on my lap and singing songs and dancing, bath, bumbo, etc...  He is really content with it all...until he's not.  :) 
  • Jake is, unfortunately for him, a very gassy baby.  He has a sensitive tummy.  I've tried mylicon and gripe water, but neither really work.  I am still unable to figure out how to tell if it's something I'm eating because I'm pumping and storing the milk and was confused by the answer when I asked my lactation consultant how long it takes for what goes in my mouth to affect the breast milk.  He still will go a few days without pooping and he feels bad and is very fussy, but once he poops, he feels better and so do I!
  • He's starting to look at our faces a little more and he smiles more whether it's at us or whatever he's looking at or thinking about.
  • He loves his swing and play mat.  The bouncy seat, not so much.  He also likes his crib, so I'm glad we started him in it from the get go.
  • I LOVE all of his noises and facial expressions!  He has so many!

1 comment:

Cameron said...

That last picture looks just like you, Hanna!!
I want to come by soon! Love you!