7/26/11

We're In the Home Stretch, Folks!

It is really starting to hit us how close we are to meeting our precious baby and we've been doing a lot of prep work.
I started packing my bag for the hospital (recommended to be done at this time just in case). I bought some travel sized toiletries and ordered some nursing PJ's for the hospital and to wear around the house when we get home. I'll be throwing things in the bag over the next few weeks.  There are a lot of helpful lists online (and from those who have gone before me) that I've used to help decide what to take.

In the event that I experience the nesting instinct, I know myself well enough to know that, for me, it will not involve scrubbing or cleaning of any sort (not that I could physically do it at this point anyway). I'm more of a straighten and organize kind of gal, so we are going to hire someone to come in within the next couple of weeks to clean the house from top to bottom.

Monday and Tuesday, I washed Jake's clothes. That Dreft is the best smelling stuff on Earth! If it wasn't so expensive, I'd probably wash my own clothes in it so I could smell baby smell all day every day!  I am hanging things back up and sorting things in drawers in size order. 

All the big stuff is done in the nursery and there are just a few more finishing touches to be done, hopefully, by mid-August. I can't wait until it's all completed so I can post pictures!

We finish our child birth class tonight and we only have two more to take in August (taking care of you and your baby & breastfeeding)

Won't be long now! I can't believe we're only 5 weeks from the due date! We'll see if it takes that long! I am thinking not, but one never knows!!

2 comments:

Jill said...

i washed my pjs in the dreft too since the little one is against them so much when you are holding him - good reason, right?? :)

Hanna said...

good thinking!