7/13/11

Nursery Stuff

I am getting the nursery together slowly but surely.  Because the walls are brown and the primary color in the crib bedding is blue, I wanted to bring out the little bit of green in the owl fabric to stray away from the blue and brown trend.  Here are a few ways I've done this so far.

These were 4 blank canvases (at Hobby Lobby for less than $10).  I wrapped two of them with the fabrics of the crib bedding, wrapped one in burlap, and painted one green.  I will hang them as a foursome on the wall above the bed.


We (John) will be painting an old dresser white to use as a dresser/changing table.  Once done, I will screw in these knobs.  I found these raw-wood knobs at Hobby Lobby for $3 and painted them green.  You can't tell here, but these are big knobs.  I love how chunky they are and I think they'll look cute on the finished product.

We had this old lamp shade left over from a broken lamp.  It was cream and I painted it green. 

For a not-so-crafty girl, I'm pretty proud of these little projects.  It was easy and a lot of fun!

I will post pictures of the whole nursery once it's all done which may be a few weeks from now.

3 comments:

Cameron said...

love all your ideas and crafty projects!!! the nursery is going to look awesome!

Shelby said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all of it:) Good for you!!!

Tricia said...

YOU are THE ONE!!! Love all of it and can't wait to see finished nursery!!!
LY!