By now, the average baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. He now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). His skin is becoming soft and smooth as he plumps up in preparation for birth.
How far along? 32 weeks
Total weight gain: 31 lbs
Sleep: up every hour to the loo
Favorite moment this week: hearing Jake's heartbeat at the doctor's office
Movement: a whole lot of movement which is still the best, best feeling in the world. and he gets the hiccups 2 or 3 times a week which is pretty entertaining.
Symptoms: tired, slow, heartburn, swollen feet/ankles, braxton hicks contractions, poor sleep
Food cravings: nothing in particular
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: none, just lots of braxton hicks contractions
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: being able to get up (out of bed, for instance) without monumental effort
What I am looking forward to: ultrasound July 19 and the first baby shower July 16th!
Weekly Wisdom: try to savor these last weeks of relative calm before that baby gets here
Milestones: I think I'm waddling...
Classes started this week which is a great way to pass the time. Session 1 of 4 of the child birth class was a little disappointing, but hopefully the next 3 sessions will be more informative.
The CPR class last night was great, though. I feel better having taken it.
I started off this week, Monday and Tuesday, feeling great and with lots (ok, a decent amount) of energy. Then, Wednesday, it was like I hit a brick wall and it all changed. I even took the day off work and you have to feel pretty bad to take a sick day when you work from home. I have had a continuous head/neck/back ache and my hips feel like they are going to come out of socket. I'm also pretty irritable, which I just can't help. I'm hopeful that this is just going to last a few days. I'm feeling a little better this morning. Really not trying to complain, just (again) want to have a record of everything.
Will be resting, resting, resting.
No comments:
Post a Comment