7/11/11

Big Girl Is Just Tired

I must brag a bit and say that my pregnancy has been wonderful.  No sickness (just nausea), no complications (knock on wood), and just, overall, a very, very happy time.  My symptoms have been pretty textbook and nothing to complain about, but if I were to complain (and here goes), I would name hormones as the one thing that has really gotten to me.

I am not someone who can mask how I am feeling.  If I'm sad, mad, excited, annoyed, etc... you know it.  Luckily, I'm usually happy, so it's not an issue.  That goes for these pregnant days, too.  I am usually happy and excited, but when a mood strikes, there's no stopping it and I think that's the most frustrating part; that I can't control it.  In the first trimester, the moods were a normal reaction and adjustment to a huge surge of new hormones.  The second trimester offered a respite from this pretty much all together.  Now, as I am mid way through my third trimester, I am reunited with my old friend, Hormone Hanna.  Damn it!  I cry at nothing, feel overwhelmed by small things that really don't matter, and I probably take everything a little too personally (the latter being something my non pregnant self probably needs to work on, as well).

I think now it has more to do with aches and pains, this awful heat, hauling around a watermelon in my belly, feeling overwhelmed by the huge change about to take place and what still needs to be done, and lack of sleep. (I am well aware that this is nothing compared to the sleep deprivation I will experience when Jake gets here, thank you.)

I am not even close to miserable and I am not quite to the point of being "over" being pregnant.  I'm not ready for it to be over yet.  Big Girl's just tired.



the name: since my belly is so huge, and has been for some time now, John and I both call me "Big Girl".  It is a joke and not mean on my part or his.  We both think it's funny and I am not offended in the least.  Now, if someone else, especially a stranger, called me this, the subsequent altercation would likely end up on the news.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are so funny Hanna, even after all the time has passed I still remember this part of pregnancy, crying for NOTHING, it's so frustrating, but at least you can laugh at yourself and yes you will miss being pregnant when it's over. Hang in there !!!

lasttwin said...

I would like to say that the irrational crazy person will disappear after baby Jake arrives, but it may linger for a bit. It did for me anyway:) Sometimes I still try to get away with it when I am in a funk:) It doesn't work so well now that Murray is 6 1/2 months!! You are looking good mama! You are on the home stretch!

Sarah Lucas

Shelby said...

I have to agree with Sarah. And, sometimes it rears it's ugly head even with a 1 and 4 year old;)