7/29/11

Pregnancy - 35 Weeks

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain: 33 lbs
Sleep: poor
Symptoms: rib pain, hip pain, back pain, swollen feet/ankles, poor sleep, heartburn, very frequent urination, braxton hicks contractions, and I did end up springing a few stretch marks, after all.  Big as my belly is, I don't see how I went as long as I did without any.  Hopefully there won't be too many more.  It's a little depressing, but I know it doesn't really matter.
Favorite moment this week: driving up to the mountains with John on a whim.  We love taking little day trips like this at a moment's notice and we know we won't be able to do it as often or as easily once Jake arrives.  We're trying to soak up these last moments as a family of two and really enjoy each other.  Plus, after this week, I won't be allowed to leave town anymore.
Movement: lots
Food cravings: ice cream and milk shakes
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor Signs: none, just braxton hicks contractions
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: comfort
What I am looking forward to: Tuesday's appointment with Dr. Jones
Weekly Wisdom:  Enjoy time with John
Milestones: 35 weeks pregnant and 35 days until due date!

While I'm still not totally over being pregnant, moments of just being "done" are coming more frequently.  I love being pregnant, but, at this stage, there is just no getting comfortable and, along with this heat, it is starting to wear me down a little.  Just 5 more weeks to go, so I am still trying to enjoy it as much as I can.

No comments: