Even before I became prego, I loved to watch a Baby Story on TLC. Now, I'm completely obsessed and I DVR every episode. The show follows couples during their pregnancies and, finally, on the big day.
I hope and pray that I am not among the mothers who scream and carry on like baboons while in labor.
I can hear you all now and I understand that, having never given birth myself, I am not in a position to judge, however, is it really necessary to act like a big bratty baby ("I can't!", "Get it oooouuuuuuutttt!", "help meeee!!!") when you are giving birth to....your baby?
I am under no delusion that giving birth is easy or that an unimaginable amount of excursion is not required. I'm only hoping to act like an adult human doing what my body was made to do as opposed to an animal being surprise attacked in the wild.
Now, in the event I do become said baboon birther, I'll never tell a soul. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I am always astounded at those shows and the amount of ENERGY those "ladies" exert screaming during child birth. It is hard and it does hurt, but at no point did I ever feel the need to SCREAM out. It was more of an internal scream. Ya know?
I hope I am like you during birth, Shelby. You were very graceful. Definitely not a baboon. :)
I have no doubt that you will be the complete opposite of a Baboon during the birth of sweet Jake!!!
you are too funny!
love you!
Post a Comment