There are so many preparations to make and, even though we still have a long while, I feel pressed to have everything in order as soon as possible. May be dumb, but I would like to spend the last few months of my pregnancy as relaxed as possible, so the more I can do now, the better my chances of that are. Some of the preparations are fun and others are not, but all are necessary. Just a few of the things on my mind lately are:
Day Care (not fun to think about in the middle of the night)
As you know, we've been exploring our child care options and are slowly making some headway. Seems to most like, since I work from home, I would be able to keep Jake here with me, but that's not the case. I wouldn't be able to get my work done with a baby in the house and it would put my job at risk. We also feel that it is beneficial to children to be out of the home and around others. We do wish, though, that it could be on more of a part time basis, but, for now, that's not possible, so full time day care it is. I am having a tough time thinking about someone else caring for my baby and I can't imagine how hard it will be to hand him over when the time comes. But I know millions of wonderful moms do it every day, so I can do it, too. Plus, working from home will allow much more flexibility than if I worked in an office setting. I can keep him home with me if he's sick, pick him up early if needed, and many many more wonderful things that most moms may not have the flexibility to do. Not to mention that I can stay on top of the added housework that having a baby around will create! I am confident that we will find the right place(s) for our sweetness.
(advice to those planning to have children; put yourself on waiting lists for your choice day cares as soon as you start trying to conceive. I thought we were being proactive by doing so the day we found out we were pregnant, but 6 months later, we're still pretty far down the lists)
Classes (lots of fun to think about in the middle of the night)
I went ahead and signed us up for several classes at the hospital and they're all scheduled and on the calendar! We'll be taking a breastfeeding class (i'll be on my own for this one), a child birth class, an infant care class, and an infant/child CPR class. They're all in July and August which is really not that far away!
Nursery (lots of fun to think about in the middle of the night)
We have most of what will make the nursery, but we can't put anything in it's place until the cable company arranges a time to come move my work station. The phone company came and changed the phone line to the other room last week, so that was one step in the right direction. Hopefully, it won't be too long for the other. We have the big, important nursery stuff squared away (crib, bedding, glider, rug, bed, changing dresser), so now I just have the fun stuff to take care of over the next few months! YAY!
Showers (lots of fun to think about in the middle of the night)
AND, there are going to be 3 baby showers! We have such great family and friends! One is in July and two are in August. I can't wait and have already begun registering! We're registered at Babies R Us, Target, and www.babybedding.com. Moms, please take a look if you get a sec and let me know if you see something that I'm missing and think we need! We'll take all the advice we can get!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
i have not looked at your list but one thing i really used and always recomend is the ultimate crib sheet. (i would get 2) it snaps through the rails on the top. changing the actual sheet is a pain.you have to take the whole mattress out to change it! i always put it over my "cute" bedding sheet and you can still see it through the side of the crib. And then if baby spits up or has a blow out you can just pop that one off and put him on the regular sheet until you can wash it or put a spare one on (which is very helpful in the middle of the night!!)
sounds great! thanks, jill!
1)in addition to bottles, go ahead and register for bowls, sippy cups, spoons, etc. Even though you won't use them right away, you'll need them sooner than you think.
2)pacifiers
3)portable booster seat(easy to take to grandparents, vacay, restaurants, etc.)
4)pack n play
5)sound machine
i'll keep thinkin!
thanks, court!!
Post a Comment