5/13/11

Pregnancy - 24 Weeks

Your Baby in Week 24 of Pregnancy
baby is about the size of a standard letter from crown to rump (not including the legs)
Your baby is about eight and a half inches long and weighs one and a half pounds, gaining steadily at a rate of six ounces per week. Much of that weight comes from accumulating baby fat, as well as from growing organs, bones, and muscle. Those little ears of hers are getting sharper and can hear very loud sounds, from a yapping dog to a jackhammer. Also by now, that fabulous face is almost fully formed, complete with eyelashes, eyebrows, and hair. Is your baby a brunette, a blonde, or a redhead? Actually, right now his locks are white since there's no pigment yet.

How far along? 24 weeks
Total weight gain: 17 lbs
Sleep: just fine in between the 5 or 6 trips to the potty each night!
Favorite moment this week: getting the sweetest Mother's Day card from John
Movement: lots!
Symptoms: some returning fatigue, abdominal aches from growing, back pain, and crazy dreams
Symptoms I DON'T have:
Food cravings: nothing in particular, but I have enjoyed several of the oatmeal cream cookies I couldn't stop myself from buying this week at the grocery store.
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: Though not a sign of labor (it's waaay too early for that), I have experienced 3 or 4 braxton hicks contractions over the past couple of weeks. It freaked me out at first because I had no idea these could start this early, but, ever the obsessive pregnancy reader, I found that it is comletely normal.
Belly Button in or out? 1/2 and 1/2
What I miss: not much right now
What I am looking forward to: SO MUCH!
Weekly Wisdom: enjoy every little kick and every little thing about being pregnant. time is flying by.
Milestones:  at 24 weeks, I am considered 6 months pregnant!  crazy!

Still trucking along and feeling great. It's hard to imagine my belly getting any bigger even though, obviously, I know it has a long way to grow. Hoping that staying hydrated and putting lotion on every night will continue to keep the stretch marks away. I can't believe how great I feel and how fast time is flying! I know there will come a time in the not so distant future, when I'm about to pop and I'm hot as all get out, when time will seem to stand still, but I'm enjoying being comfortable while I can!

It's gonna be a hot, hot summer for this Preggie Sue!

1 comment:

Shelby said...

You are moving right along and I LOVE these weekly updates:)

LY!