5/17/11

24 Week Check Up

Had my 24 week check up today and it went very well.  Jake's heart rate was in the 150's which is great and my uterus is measuring exactly what it should be at 24 weeks!  My blood pressure is great (120/78), but it's a little higher than I usually run (around 110/70).  It's normal for BP to rise a little in pregnancy and since I'm still well within the normal BP range, they are not concerned.  My weight gain has increased a little more quickly than they like to see, but I'm just making up for not gaining anything during the first trimester.  They reiterated that the most important measurements are Jake's, and he is measuring perfectly.  I am going to step it up a little at the gym though to try to slow this down a little.  Luckily, I still feel like I'm showing mostly in my belly.  Right now, according to the books, my uterus is the size of a basketball, and that's exactly what it looks like from the outside, too!

Today started my rotation through the practice's other doctors.  I met Dr. Lambert and she is wonderful.  There are 3 doctors I haven't yet met which I will be seeing over my next 3 appointments.  Then it'll be back to Dr. Jones (YAY!).  They like to rotate their patients since you never know who's going to be on call at the time of your delivery. 

My next appointment is June 14 at 28 weeks.  I'll be taking the glucose test which everyone takes to test for gestational diabetes, and I'll also be having an ultrasound to check Jake's kidney to see if there is still extra fluid.  I can't wait to see my little angel again.  After 28 weeks, the appointments move to every two weeks and then to every week after 34 weeks.  I wish I could go every week now!  I love getting to hear Jake's sweet heart beating.

No comments: