Your Baby in Week 23 of Pregnancy
Your little doll-sized babe is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, he'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will too!) and by month's end he'll be double the weight he is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through his skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, he'll become less transparent.
How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain: 13 1/2 lbs.
Sleep: some nights great, some nights not
Favorite moment this week: John finally felt Jake move! Tuesday night, he was packing a heavier punch than usual and John got to feel it. It was so cool and he was so excited!!
Movement: more and more every day and they're getting stronger as he's getting bigger. Feeling this baby move makes me happier than anything on Earth!
Symptoms: big appetite, bleeding gums, heartburn, hip pain at night, and back pain
Symptoms I DON'T have: many
Food cravings: nothing in particular, just very hungry all the time!
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor Signs: too early
Belly Button in or out? half in/half out
What I miss: nothing right now
What I am looking forward to: getting the nursery all set up, especially now that the bedding is here! this may be a while given the 6 week TAT Aetna gave for getting someone out here to move a cable one stinkin' foot under the floor to the other side of the wall. (dear self, please refer to this week's weekly wisdom printed below)
Weekly Wisdom: BE PATIENT. I may have to start writing this mantra on post it's and placing them all around the house. This has never been my strong suit. I come by it honestly, though, as impatience is a Sloan family trait, I'm afraid.
Milestones: my due date is exactly 4 months from this past Monday. WOW!
I am feeling great and I'm still LOVING being pregnant. Of course there are some aches and pains and some minor work arounds for my growing belly, but nothing that isn't normal and certainly NOTHING to complain about.


1 comment:
BEAUTIFUL!!!
LY!
Post a Comment