This has been such a big week for Jake with croup, an ear infection, and getting two leg casts. He's really been such a tough little man and has kept his sweet, happy disposition. He's coughing still, but not the croupy cough, so he's on the mend there and I'm sure the antibiotics are working away at his ear infection. Luckily, he has yet to run a fever.
This afternoon was a little rough for him, though. He was so, so tired and he just couldn't get comfortable with his casts, so he was just screaming for a little while. It breaks my heart seeing him with these heavy casts, so helpless. I'm so glad we have a bed in the nursery because I've been able to sleep in there to keep and eye/ear on his breathing. I've just wanted to be as close as possible to my poor baby who just feels rotten.
It brings me to my knees with thanks that Jake is healthy and that these things are no big deal at all compared to what other families face every day with children who have very serious illnesses and challenges. I cannot imagine those struggles and I pray for those who live them.
I am so proud of my sweet, tough Jake. Only 6 more days to go with these casts and I know he'll be just fine.
He's sleeping now, thankfully for him and for us, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment