Jake has been extremely congested for a few days now. Today, he started coughing and we knew right away it was croup. We called Jake's doctor's office when I got home tonight and the doctor on call happened to still be there at 8:00, and said to bring him in. He confirmed that Jake has croup as well as an ear infection. He gave us a steroid for the croup and amoxicillin for the ear infection.
Dr. Castles said to check on him several times through the night tonight to make sure his breathing isn't labored. (He said he thinks constantly checking on your children in the night is "stupid", but with croup in a baby so young, he encourages it. I laughed and told him he would think I'm a card carrying idiot and that checking on him several times tonight will be business as usual.)
I'm so happy with our pediatric practice. They really are wonderful.
Jake is such a tough little guy. He's definitely more clingy than usual, but hasn't been very fussy at all. He's been his normal, smiley self, just a little more subdued. He hasn't run a fever and his appetite is a little less, but not much. I'm going to be working from home for a few days and keeping him here with me. Thank goodness for my boss who is a mother and understands.
1/17/12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment