Baby's now the size of a banana!
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth.
How far along? 21 weeks!
Total weight gain: 10 lbs.
Sleep: better
Favorite moment this week: learning that we are having a boy and that he is healthy and on track.
Movement: more and more
Symptoms: CONSTANT trips to the potty, swollen feet and ankles, occasional bleeding gums
Symptoms I DON'T have: many
Food cravings: spicy foods
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!
Labor Signs: too early
Belly Button in or out? still in but getting flatter and flatter
What I miss: not much right now. I feel great and I'm loving every minute.
What I am looking forward to: my 28 week ultrasound to make sure the kidney fluid is back to normal and to get another glimpse of Jake's sweet, sweet face.
Weekly Wisdom: pregnancy is a miracle. each day, Jake is growing and developing SO much. don't wish away the time.
Milestones: having the "big" ultrasound. I've been nervous about this since so many measurements are done. I'm so thankful everything looks good.
We picked up the crib yesterday. It may be a little while before it's assembled and put in it's place since we still have to work out the logistics of my work space, etc... but it's here and that makes me very happy. The bedding should be here in a few weeks, too!
I am feeling Jake move around more and more now. It's still not all the time like I know it will be when he gets a bit bigger, but it's wonderful! I've even noticed that he moves around a lot after I eat and when I lay down in bed at night. I love talking to him, especially when I feel him moving. Soon, John will be able to feel it, too, and we are both so excited about that.
4/22/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Moving right along! Can't believe how fast its going! Tell Jake his Auntie Jean loves him!
Love the name Jake more and more every time I read it/say it/hear it! So strong and cute at the same time:)
Post a Comment