4/19/11

BOY... Were We Wrong!!!!!

Good thing we weren't betting money!  We could not possibly be more thrilled to announce that our sweetness is a little baby BOY!!!!!!!!!  His name is Jake and we CAN'T WAIT to meet him! (middle name undecided)  As you can see, our cute little dinner idea went right out the window!  I was not blessed with patience, so I don't know what made me think I'd be able to wait.

We both thought for sure it was a girl this whole time, as did most of you (final poll count was 19 for girl and 9 for boy!).  I did have a dream last night that it was a boy, and there was that boy dream a few weeks ago, but I was still convinced it was a girl!  I've said all along, though, that we will be SUPER happy either way.  I have never been more excited in my LIFE.  I just cried and cried when she told us.  The happiest tears I've ever cried.  And I've never seen John so excited.  I think this all became a little more real for him today and he is just beside himself with pride!
Jake is proud of himself too!  He couldn't wait to show us his "manhood"!  He just flipped his little bottom up and spread 'em as if to say, "Quit calling me a GIRL!"!

Most importantly, Dr. Jones said everything looks PERFECT from head to toe.  There is one small concern with his kidney; one of them is holding a little bit of extra fluid.  I learned that this is very common for Caucasian male babies and that it's nothing to be worried about unless there is a centimeter or more of extra fluid.  Jake's was only at about .3 centimeters, so she wasn't concerned.  She said, more than likely, it's just that he was about to go tee tee.  We are going to have another ultrasound at 28 weeks just to be sure it goes down. 
We were able to see all of his little organs as the tech. was measuring and we even got to see all 4 chambers of his heart just pumping away. AMAZING!  Heart rate today was 145bpm.  Very good, indeed.
My cervix and placenta looked great, as well.  Praise God for such a wonderful pregnancy so far and for a healthy, healthy baby BOY!!!!
Here are some pictures of sweet baby Jake!
Here he is drinking in some amniotic fluid

Sweetest profile I've ever seen!

Yawning

And, finally, since he was so proud, I don't think he'll mind me sharing.

9 comments:

Shelby said...

I am PLEASANTLY SHOCKED! I completely thought girl, but couldn't be more excited about having a new little boy to spoil. There is no lack of hand-me-downs coming your way and Jake is going to be one LOVED LOVED LOVED little man!
I love you and am so excited for you!!!

Cameron said...

YAY!!!!! So excited and can't wait to meet the little man! I can already tell Jake will be just as handsome as his two big cousins!!!

Rachael said...

Congratulations!! Very exciting!!!

Jean said...

SO excited! I am so glad to have another boy in the family! Just like Shelby said, you have tons of hand-me-downs coming your way!!! I am so glad we can all start calling him by name now! I love you Jake!! (and mama too) Auntie Jean!

Debbie Sloan said...

Well, I wish I had been betting!!! I thought it was a boy all along. I am so thrilled. This will be my eighth grandchild and I've only been wrong once!!! Cannot wait to come and "baby nurse" little Jake!
I know you and John are over the moon.. as Papa and I are.
Lots of love
Nana

lasttwin said...

I am excited and still a little in denial you are having a little man. I swear I thought it was a girl! Congrats on the great news! LOVE his name! Great seeing you this past weekend! Looking good mama!

Sarah

Tricia said...

What a sweet SURPRISE to hear your great news this morning! I, too, was leaning toward girl; however, I couldn't be more tickled for you and John!!!
You'll definitely have some awesome expert boy moms to lean on- Shelby, Jean and Sarah!
We can hardly wait to meet little Jake. Want to get my hands (and lips) on him!!!
So happy all is looking super healthy and on schedule!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!

Unknown said...

YAY for a BOY! So exciting! And just to let you know, Cliff actually had the same thing with his kidneys and his did not get better, so we were prepared for the worst when he was born, but his kidneys were just perfect! And Jake may have the cutest ultrasound pics EVER!

Stephanie said...

So excited for you and John. Henry and Manning will ADORE baby Jake. And as has already been mentioned the clothes . . . you won't need to buy !!!! So thrilled everything looks good. Praying for you.