Baby's now the size of a cantaloupe!
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.
How far along? 20 weeks! We're halfway there!!!!
Total weight gain: 8 1/2 lbs
Sleep: good
Favorite moment this week: hanging up some baby clothes. There isn't much yet, but I'm sure that'll change after Tuesday. I won't be able to help myself.
Movement: yes, more and more but still not a lot. it's the craziest feeling!
Symptoms: aches and pains in belly, heartburn, big appetite, fast growing nails and hair
Symptoms I DON'T have: many I don't have, thankfully
Food cravings: nothing in particular, but I can throw back a lot of food these days. Trips to the grocery store are definitely more frequent and more expensive now.
Food aversions: none
Gender: 4 more days!
Labor Signs: too early
Belly Button in or out? in, but flattening
What I miss: i would have loved to have a cold beer or two on Sunday while watching the masters.
What I am looking forward to: finding out the sex
Weekly Wisdom: be patient
Milestones: We're now halfway through this pregnancy! I cannot believe it!
Gender reveal blog will be Tuesday night, provided that our little nun/monk decides to show us the goods during the ultrasound this time! We decided to have the tech write down the gender and put it in an envelope so we can open it at our early anniversary dinner that night. (our anniversary is on the 25th) We figure if we can wait this long, we can wait a few more hours. This way, we'll be able to enjoy it together instead of having to go straight back to work. And what better way to celebrate our 2 year anniversary?
I haven't yet blogged my vote for what I think we are having because I didn't want to sway any votes, but, for the record, I have a feeling it's a little girl. From the beginning, each time I think about the baby, my mind automatically goes to girl. Not because of preference or anything else... it just goes to girl. This means, of course, that we're probably going to have a boy, but, again, I just wanted to state my vote for the record. Obviously, we will be thrilled either way! I just can't wait to know a little more about the person growing inside me and to be able to call it by name!
The 20 week ultrasound is when they do A TON of measurements to make sure baby is growing and developing as it should. Please say a lot of prayers that our baby is very healthy and growing strong.
4/15/11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I can't believe you're 20 weeks! Wasn't it just yesterday when you walked into EFY and told Court, Cam, and me your awesome news?!!!
Can hardly wait to hear from you Tuesday night! I'll be in Alabama, but my cell will be attached to me!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!
can't wait!
Cant believe how fast time is flying! You are so cute with your little belly! I love you
Post a Comment