Christmas Eve, in keeping with tradition, John's mom and dad came over for dinner. This year, we had salmon and grits and it was great, if I do say so myself!
After dinner, Jake went out and left food for Santa's hungry reindeer.
Red brought Jake some jamas straight from the big man himself for being such a good boy all year and he really loved that. After changing into them, John read the story of Christmas. It has been fun this season helping Jake learn the true meaning of Christmas and he became quite fond of informing others that Christmas is Jesus' birthday. After the book, we let him know that Santa wouldn't come until he was asleep, so straight to bed he went.
John took a sleigh bell ornament outside shortly after and shook it saying, "Ho, Ho, Ho! Merry Christmas...!" outside Jake's window. I went in to ask Jake if he heard it and found him completely buried under his covers. You've never seen more magical excitement, than this child's face saying, "he's here. He's here! He's really here!" He quickly buried himself again believing Santa would skip us if he thought he was still awake. A priceless moment I hope I never ever forget.
When I went in to put soot on him as evidence of Santa, it wouldn't stick because he was soaking wet from being buried under his covers so tightly. Just looks kind of like a bruise on his cheek.




No comments:
Post a Comment