12/16/14

25 weeks and an OB appt

I'm 25 weeks along (tomorrow) and had an OB appt today. It was uneventful and all is well! Fundal height is 25 cm, which is exactly what it should be at 25 weeks. Baby boy's heart rate was in the 150's, which is perfect. He is active and everything looks great! I saw Dr. Green today, and she is so nice. She was not with the practice when I had Jake. 

At my first scan this pregnancy, they discovered a uterine fibroid that's measuring about 7cm (pretty big). These are benign tumors that are pretty common and can grow quickly during pregnancy due to the high levels of hormones. They are not concerned, but are going to do another ultrasound at my next appt (Jan 14 at 29 weeks) to check on it to make sure it's still not posing any issues for the baby. If they're not worried, I'm not worried and I'm looking forward seeing baby boy again! 

I'm feeling well right now, other than just being tired, but I'm catching up on rest this week after a rough couple of weeks with Jake and John, so I don't think it's all due to pregnancy. Main symptoms right now are heartburn at night, braxton hicks contractions, huge belly (I defniitely look a lot further along than 25 weeks), hunger (I drove 25 minutes just to get Schlotzky's yesterday because I was craving it so badly), and you might say I'm a little more emotional than usual. This baby is so active and I love it!!!

I can't believe we only have 3 more months to go! A c-section will be scheduled for some time during the 39th week (last week of March). Obviously, I could go into labor before that, so either way, we won't be going into April.  I can't wait to meet this (still unnamed) baby boy!!!

No comments: