He felt better over the weekend and then Tuesday he started coughing again a little bit. Yesterday morning he woke up coughing and sneezing a lot, his eyes were red and watery, and he had a temp of 101.7. I took him back in not wanting to take a chance with the coughing since he does tend to wheeze. When they tested him for the flu, I really didn't think it would come back positive, but it did. It's completely separate from what he had last week. I had heard that they vaccinated for the wrong strain this year, so it shouldn't be too surprising, but my heart sank. The News seems to make it a priority to inform viewers every 5 minutes of the stats of deaths due to flu, and, again, since he does have the history of wheezing, his chances of complications like pneumonia are greater. He was prescribed Tamiflu and I've been alternating Tylenol and Ibuprofen to keep the fever at bay. He really seems to feel fine even today, thank goodness. Fingers crosed that tomorrow is the same.
His school Christmas program was last night and we had to miss it. I was really looking forward to it and I know Jake was, too.
No school for the rest of the week and he can't be around others until Sunday, so our trip to Charleston to visit the Earnsts has been cancelled, too. boo hoo.
I wasn't thinking or worrying too much about me getting it, but Shelby suggested I call my OB just in case she would recommend taking Tamiflu as a preventive measure and, sure enough, she did, so I'm taking it now, too. Apparently, getting the flu while pregnant is scary business.
Please pray that Jake continues to feel well and that this is a mild flu.
Poor Red got it, too. This is how Jake found him this morning.
And just a little pity gripe session for me. I. AM. EXHAUSTED. John had his wisdom teeth out last Thursday (around the time Jake got sick the first time) and has had a pretty tough go of it, so I've been (gladly) nursing someone since then on top of working full time and being 24 (going on 36, it feels) weeks pregnant. John has been sweet and has given me lots of back rubs even though he feels so bad. I wouldn't want anyone else keeping an eye on my boys while they're down, so I really don't want to complain, I'm just very, very tired and I'm looking forward to hopefully getting some rest after we get Jake over this flu.

No comments:
Post a Comment