He could not have chosen a more special way to let me know that he was on board with naming him Hamp. He asked Ernest Lee (aka The Chicken Man), a popular local folk artist, to paint an alligator for us (I decided to accent baby's room with alligators) and write a special message on it. He gave it to me Christmas morning and I was so thrilled!
I actually love that it is a little rough looking in true Ernest Lee style, and not baby looking. Hamp can always have it!
So Hampton Sloan Estill it is.
He will not go by Hampton unless he chooses to for some reason when he grows up, but we thought it would be better to give him a more formal name for the books. Sloan, of course, is my maiden name, of which I am very proud. It's so special to me to be able to pass it on.
We can't wait to meet you, Hamp!!! Just 3 months to go!!!

1 comment:
Love the name Hanna !!
Post a Comment