do not presume to know how soon a pregnant woman is due (or that she's having twins, the biggest baby in the world, or that she's even pregnant for that matter). Nothing bad ever comes of just smiling at someone and saying hello. If it comes to your attention that a woman is pregnant, a simple contrats will do. At 24 weeks pregnant, it did not make my day when Jake's new teacher said "any day now, huh?" when I met her the other morning. I was polite and laughed it off, but did say "i have more than 3 months to go" while i was laughing.
And also, on the pregnant note, please don't ever assume it's ok to touch a pregnant woman's belly. Some women are totally open to it and don't mind at all, but I think it's a little intrusive and presumptuous. For the most part, I feel like I don't rub yours = you don't rub mine.
People only ever have great intentions with any of this, so it's not that it makes me angry or anything, but I do wish people would think before talking sometimes.
No comments:
Post a Comment