
This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
How far along? 27 weeks
Total weight gain: 22 lbs
Sleep: so so
Favorite moment this week: spending time with my friends and family in Greenville
Movement: lots! sometimes it feels like I have an octopus in there! And I felt the first case of hiccups yesterday. So cute.
Symptoms: back pain, feet/ankle/hand swelling, some fatigue
Food cravings: nothing in particular
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: too early, but I have had a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions this week
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: not a thing right now
What I am looking forward to: 28 week ultrasound June 14
Weekly Wisdom: rest when my body tells me to
Milestones: This is the last week of the 2nd trimester! (and my due date is 3 months from yesterday!)
Feeling great and loving being pregnant!
No comments:
Post a Comment