6/12/11

My Idea of Heaven

When I was a child, my family and I spent practically every weekend of each summer at the lake on the boat.  Even now, when it's hot, there's no place I'd rather be than cruising on a boat.  I have been daydreaming for weeks about getting in the water and, yesterday, John and I spent the whole day on the lake (doctor approved boat ride).  I was not disappointed.  We rode for a long time and then anchored and swam (and repeated).  I sat in the water on a life jacket like a little chair and it was HEAVEN!  The water was the perfect temperature and being submerged really took the pressure off my back and legs.  I was a little nervous that riding would aggravate my back or make me uncomfortable, but the lake was calm and John went very slow.  We were on the water from noon until about 6:30 with a break in the middle to visit with my grandparents who live on the lake (and where we put in), so it was a long, but wonderful, day.
As pleasant as it was, I am paying for it today.  I am EXHAUSTED!  Even though I am just now into my 3rd trimester, I can already tell a big difference in my energy and comfort levels.  It was this way when I transitioned from the 1st to 2nd, as well.  I went very quickly from beyond tired and nauseated to feeling great with lots of energy.  Now from feeling great with lots of energy to still feeling great, but easily tired and not so comfortable.  Very textbook symptom changes, but I'm surprised at how quickly it happens.  Not gradual like I thought it would be.

We're going down to Edisto in a few weeks and are planning to boat from there into Charleston with John's parents one day while we're there.  I hope I'll feel up to going, but I'll be 31 weeks pregnant at that time, so being on a boat all day in the heat really might not be ideal.  We'll play it by ear.

Thankful that I got at least one good ride in this summer.  Hopefully, there will be more!

2 comments:

Head Coach Ryan Molony said...

I hate we didn't get to see you while you were up our way!
Happy you and John had a nice day on the water Saturday! Grammy and Papa loved spending time with you!
We went out yesterday and had lunch at Spinners. D is loving the boat, too, and even took a good nap while cruising around.
I do understand the exhaustion, Hanna. It's amazing how every little excursion can wipe you out right now, especially in this heat!
We'll be in Edisto next week. I hate we won't be there at the same time!
Hope to see you sometime this week!
I LOVE YOU!!

Tricia said...

Previous post is from ME. (Ry was on my computer and didn't sign out!). Sorry!