6/10/11

Pregnancy - 28 Weeks


By this week, your baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of his head to his heels. He can blink his eyes, which now sport lashes. With his eyesight developing, he may be able to see the light that filters in through your womb. He's also developing billions of neurons in his brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain: 24 lbs
Sleep: so so
Favorite moment this week: reading Oh, Baby, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss to Jake.  It's a spin-off of Oh, The Places You'll Go! meant to be read to babies in utero.  It's wonderful!
Movement: a lot of movement. it's my favorite thing.  I sat for 10 minutes yesterday just watching my belly move around on all sides.  It's amazing.
Symptoms: back pain, braxton hicks contractions, hip pain, some swelling but not as bad this week
Food cravings: nothing in particular
Food aversions: none
Gender: BOY!!!!
Labor Signs: too early
Belly Button in or out? out
What I miss: nothing at the moment
What I am looking forward to: 28 week ultrasound next Tuesday
Weekly Wisdom: don't worry about what you can't control
Milestones: I am now in my 3rd trimester!!!

I cannot BELIEVE I am in my 3rd trimester!  The 1st kind of crept by because of the nausea, fatigue, and anxiety about getting to the 2nd trimester, but the 2nd FLEW by!  I think it's because I have felt so good.  Most days during the 2nd, I felt better than even before I was pregnant! 
I am definitely starting to slow down some and the grunting has commenced.  I know with this final home stretch will come a lot of discomfort and fatigue, but bring it on!  I don't care how badly I may (or may not) start to feel!  I just can't wait to get my hands on my little boy! (Lord, I just got a lump in my throat)  My little boy...my little boy...my little boy.  Wow.

Please pray that Tuesday's appointment goes well and that Jake is still healthy and growing strong.  Also, fingers crossed, please, that I pass the glucose test.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I pray all that for you and MORE !!

Shelby said...

Yay for the 3rd trimester!!!