6/3/11

Cankles and Bee Stings and Sausage Fingers, Oh My!!

My feet, ankles, and hands have been swelling an awful lot lately.  They look like I'm having an allergic reaction to bee stings sometimes!  Ultra attractive, let me tell ya.
I am eating well, drinking a TON of water, my blood pressure is good, and there has been no protein in my urine, so the swelling is nothing to be concerned about.  It's just a lucky side effect of pregnancy for me right now and I'm sure this wretched heat is not helping matters.
Even though I'm not constantly swollen, I made the decision yesterday to take off my rings.  I have been checking them periodically to make sure they're coming off easily and, yesterday, it was mighty difficult.  I really thought for a second they were stuck, so I won't be putting them back on.  My engagement ring is safe in the house and I put my wedding band on my necklace. 

I haven't taken this necklace off since we found out we were pregnant.  It's my mama's diamond from a pair of her earrings (Shelby has the other) and it makes me feel like I have a little piece of her with me.  Now, my wedding band joins it.

No comments: